Digital Thermo Mosquito Blood Feeder (DITMOF)
Digital Thermo Mosquito Blood Feeder (DITMOF), a cutting-edge device designed for advanced mosquito studies. This innovative system boasts optimal positioning, affordability, and user-friendly features, making it a game-changer in disease control research.
INSPIRATION OF THE INVENTION
- DITMOF is not just a device, it’s a catalyst for progress in mosquito research, offering innovation, affordability, and efficiency for the future of disease control strategies worldwide.
- DITMOF transcends boundaries, offering a portable, practical, and ethical solution for mosquito blood feeding. Join the movement towards responsible and cost-effective research practices.
PROBLEM STATEMENT & CURRENT ISSUES
- Research involving mosquito-borne disease vectors requires establishment and maintenance of mosquito colonies in insectarium.
- Most laboratories using live rats or mice for blood feeding.
- Require animal house (to maintain mice and rats colony) and proved to be expensive (costs more in terms of maintenance and labour).
- Ethical issues is raised when mice or rats are used for mosquito blood feeding.
INVENTIVENESS & NOVELTY
- Digital controller, stainless steel and heater in DITMOF.
- Blood from animals will be preheated to body temperature and put on feeder to feed mosquito
- Blood Source Revolution: Bid farewell to mice, rats, or guinea pigs. DITMOF utilizes a stainless steel, offering a portable, practical, and affordable solution for artificial blood feeding.
- Adjustable Temperature: The Digital thermo controller grants you the power to fine-tune the temperature, ensuring optimal conditions for mosquito rearing.
USEFULNESS & APPLICATION
DITMOF can be used to blood feed any blood sucking insect for research purpose
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
- Research Labs: Elevate your mosquito research with a precise and ethical blood feeding solution.
- Mosquito Rearing Facilities: Enhance efficiency and reduce costs with DITMOF’s practical approach
- Scientists and Researchers: Embrace innovation and ethical practices in your mosquito studies
- Cost-Efficiency: Say goodbye to the expenses of maintaining animal houses and labor-intensive processes. DITMOF is a cost-effective alternative.
Public health sector, research agencies/center (dengue/mosquito related), universities and colleges in research field (parasitology)
TRL : 7
Project Leader : DR. AISHAH HANI BINTI AZIL
Co-Researcher : PROF. MADYA DR. NAZARUDIN BIN SAFIAN, EN. MOHD FARIHAN BIN MD YATIM – (Pusat Penyelidikan Penyakit Berjangkit (CCDR), Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia)
Dept./Fac./Inst : JABATAN PARASITOLOGI & ENTOMOLOGI PERUBATAN FAKULTI PERUBATAN
Expertise : Clinical And Health Sciences : Parasitology
SepsiDotTM Bedside Point-of-care Biosensor Kit
We invented an electrochemical biosensor (based on first-of-its-kind enzymatic cascading reactions of three enzymes immobilized on acrylic microspheres coated onto a screen-printed electrode) and a small portable, handheld electronic reader. The biosensor will interface with its miniature electronic reader to give a reading for diagnosis of bacterial sepsis in any situation (at home, at nursing home, at clinics, at school, travelling to Haj, in flight, in hospital, at disaster zone, and warzone) with only with 1 drop of blood from fingertip of patient. The result of can be obtain with 10min and decision can be made either patient need antibiotic and hospitalization or not.
My Shoe Air Walker Integrated with Weight Alert System
Air Walker was built using customized shoe material with dural aluminum which is adjustable and contains circuit board for weight alarm system in the outsole.
MyB Prosthetic Limb
We invented a user-friendly and comfort prosthetic leg that can bend 180˚. This "MyB Prosthetic Limb" can allow ankle movement while performing prostration and kneeling position. A user-friendly prosthetic leg that would provide lower limb amputees flexibility and comfort, especially while doing activities such as prostration and yoga.