MyB Prosthetic Limb
- We invented a user-friendly and comfort prosthetic leg that can bend 180˚. This “MyB Prosthetic Limb” can allow ankle movement while performing prostration and kneeling position.
- A user-friendly prosthetic leg that would provide lower limb amputees flexibility and comfort, especially while doing activities such as prostration and yoga.
INSPIRATION OF THE INVENTIO
Lower-limb amputees have identified comfort and mobility as the two most important characteristics of a prosthesis that influenced by biomechanical performance of the prosthesis and the loading it imparts to the residual limb.
PROBLEM STATEMENT & CURRENT ISSUES
- How to improve on current prosthetic to make it more comfortable for daily living?
- MyB Prosthetic Limb helps patients to improve their daily living as compared to conventional prosthetic limb in which the patients need to repeatedly take off their prosthetic to do certain activities.
- Most of the prosthetic that we have in Malaysia, cannot be bend. It can only be used for standing, walking and running
INVENTIVENESS & NOVELTY
MyB Prosthetic Limb will provide a comfortable and user-friendly prosthetic as able to move at the ankle joint level.
USEFULNESS & APPLICATION
MyB Prosthetic Limb can be used during activities that require intricate movements such as prayers under Islamic rituals that requires kneeling position or performing Yoga.
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
- User-friendly & various functionality
- Cost-effective, the components are made locally, and the price is at least 30% less compared to conventional prosthetics
All Orthopedic sub-specialty that currently use conventional prosthetic limb without hinged.
Project Leader : Prof. Madya Dr. Mohd Yazid Bajuri
Co-Researcher : Yusuf Haryadi (Ortonesia Enterprise)
Dept./Fac./Inst : Orthopaedic & Traumatology / Medicine
Expertise : Foot & Ankle Surgery
Digital Thermo Mosquito Blood Feeder (DITMOF)
Digital Thermo Mosquito Blood Feeder (DITMOF), a cutting-edge device designed for advanced mosquito studies. This innovative system boasts optimal positioning, affordability, and user-friendly features, making it a game-changer in disease control research.
SepsiDotTM Bedside Point-of-care Biosensor Kit
We invented an electrochemical biosensor (based on first-of-its-kind enzymatic cascading reactions of three enzymes immobilized on acrylic microspheres coated onto a screen-printed electrode) and a small portable, handheld electronic reader. The biosensor will interface with its miniature electronic reader to give a reading for diagnosis of bacterial sepsis in any situation (at home, at nursing home, at clinics, at school, travelling to Haj, in flight, in hospital, at disaster zone, and warzone) with only with 1 drop of blood from fingertip of patient. The result of can be obtain with 10min and decision can be made either patient need antibiotic and hospitalization or not.